how do i know if i have postpartum depression?

Psychiatric Eval.: Between the changes in hormones and life style that come after childbirth, it is very common for a woman to have mood swings and to feel down. This can be accompanied by feeling overwhelmed, being more tearful, difficulty sleeping and feeling anxious, jittery or irritable. This is called the postpartum blues and it happens to more than half of women. It can increase for several days after your >.
Provided original answer
baby’s birth and then hopefully will start to drop off within a couple weeks of delivery. Let your doctor know, so that she or he can make sure the blues don’t evolve into depression. Sometimes postpartum blues don’t resolve after a few weeks or becomes worse. The symptoms of post partum depression can start right after delivery or may not start for a number of months later. Possible sxs of
Apr 12, 2014
Provided original answer
post partum depression include feeling tired all the timeThe woman might believe she is not a good mother which can lead to feeling guilty or inadequate. She may eat lot more or she may lose appetite & weight (more than anticipated for shedding post baby pounds). She might want to sleep all day & find it hard to get out of bed or she might have the opposite problem & find it very hard to sleep.
Apr 12, 2014
Provided original answer
She may stop trusting her own ability to make decisions. Self confidence & self - love may drop. It may hard to bond with her newborn. Feeling helpless or hopeless may occur & may lead to thoughts about suicide or hurting her new baby.
Apr 12, 2014
Dr. Lincoln Bickford
Psychiatric eval.: Depression is not uncommon after childbirth, although mild "baby blues" are more common. Symptoms to look for include sadness/numbness, loss of interest in pleasurable activities, changes in sleep or appetite, guilt or worry, poor concentration, low energy, feeling heavy or slow. If there are any thoughts about wanting to not be alive or harm oneself or the baby it could be an emergency.