Hawi, HI
A 73-year-old male asked about a 56-year-old female:

57 year old female has gastric problems and previous gall bladder problems. stomach has gas and she burps a lot.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Gaseous: Is your gall bladder removed? To prevent gas build up, take simethicone 1/2 hours after meals. To break down gas bubbles, drink warm water and apply a hot water bottle to the abdomen which facilitates the moving of gas through the intestines rather than forcing yourself to belch it up as this causes more air swallowing. Perhaps an evaluation by a gastroenterologist is your best course of action.
Dr. Ross Blagg
Plastic Surgery 16 years experience
Be more specific: Please be more specific with your question. Having gas and burping can be due to many things, and it is best to see your family doctor for a diagnosis. In the interim, using over the counter medications, such as Tums (calcium carbonate) may alleviate some symptoms. Also, remember to avoid Ibuprofen or any non-steriodal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids) as these can lead to ulcers in those with gastric issues.