My 26 year old brother has to go for brain surgery for uncontrolled epelpic seizures what are the side effects of it and what will exactly happen?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Brian Lynch answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Surgery for seizures: Your question is really too general you'd have to really talk to the neurosurgeon . There are various procedures; it depends on what part of the brain and what exactly are they going to do? Each person is individual. Of course what should the outcome be ? It should be that this procedure will control the seizures.

Answered 4/24/2015

4.3k views

Dr. Robert Killian answered

Specializes in General Practice

Impossible: I am very sorry to hear of your brother's troubles. I am sure he is in good hands there. Unfortunately there are too many unknowns: the type of surgery, any complications, the medications he is on etc for us to give you any valid answers to your good questions. Please copy these questions and take them to the hospital so that they can be asked of those caring for him.

Answered 3/29/2014

4.3k views