Canada

i had some fillings done in the past few months, two of them are fairly sensitive to hot/cold. will that go away over time? (its been roughly 2mths)

Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
Get Consultation: Your sensitivity is not normal for this time period. It could be the tooth is either too high in biting (needs adjustment to proper fit) or the tooth is in the process of dying (root canal therapy). Get an evaluation soon.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Yes, no, maybe?: You should not be having sensitivity at this time. It could be quite a number of things, most of which can be remedied by your dentist. Some people just have sensitive teeth and the larger and deeper the filling, the longer it takes to quiet down. I had a sensitive tooth for 3 months, then perfect! this needs to be evaluated by your dentist. We can't do that over the internet.