Farmerville, LA

I had a d&c after birth because of blood poisoning. now sometimes i go up to four months without a period. why? i am not sexually active.

Dr. Jane Van Dis
No sure: I'm not sure what you are referring to by "blood poisoning". Maybe you had an infection in the blood and you were septic? It can take awhile to recover if that is the case. Other reasons for not having a period are hormonal, thyroid ; pituitary (recommend getting those checked if you lost a lot of blood), weight (thin/heavy). See a doctor so you can be evaluated and make sure nothing serious.

Last updated Mar 22, 2014