U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 16-year-old male asked:

What should i do; a swollen dot of 1cm diameter burns on 2 fingers, after touching a pan. feels really hot unless in water. home treatment or doctors?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Minoli
Plastic Surgery 38 years experience
Have it evaluated: If your spots are left to demarcate they will eventually declare themselves as to the degree of burn. If you can at least get to an urgent care center the burns can be evaluated for depth of penetration, zone of injury, and potential need for treatment such as debridment ; repair.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.