are my hormone levels ok? lh serum-9.7; fsh-7.1; estradiol-991; progesterone-1.9. all done on 12 day of cycle. thyroid is hyper 3-4 months every year

2 doctor answers
Dr. Rebecca Gray
13 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Depends: The doctor that ordered these tests had a plan in mind with what to do with the information they provide as they were ordered based on your history and symptoms that you discussed with your doctor. You should schedule an appointment to sit down with your provider to go over the results and how they affect your health issues.
Answered on Apr 12, 2017
4
Dr. Gerard Honore
28 years experience Fertility Medicine
Not abnormal: These are within normal limits for cd 12 of a normal 28-day cycle, but they might not make sense at all if your cycle is not 28-days. The Estradiol of nearly 1000 is higher than normally expected, but not to worry. These numbers really can't be interpreted in a vacuum, need to know more about your menstrual history.
Answered on Jun 25, 2014