what do you suggest if i'm taking naproxen and i have already had the max dose for a 24 hr period. how long do i wait before i start taking it again?

Dr. Robert Lowe
Pediatric Rheumatology 17 years experience
Take the right dose: Naproxen, like other nsaids, can be toxic to the kidney (and possibly liver) if taken at excessive doses. The maximum dose should be 500mg taken twice daily (at least 10 hours apart, not more than 2 doses within 24hr).If you take 1000mg at once, you are overdosing. Be sure to always take with food to avoid gastric ulcers. If you need more pain-relief, take tylenol (acetaminophen) (after checking with your doctor.