what is turners syndrome prognosis?

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 47 years experience
Turner's Syndrome: The prognosis for turner's syndrome diagnosed at birth is usually good. They will be short. They have streaked gonads. They can have a webbed neck. There can be lymphedema. There can be associated perceptual problems. They are not necessarily mentally retarded. There can be coarctation of the aorta.
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 19 years experience
Good with monitoring: Turner syndrome (ts) results from a problem with the chromosomes and so there is no cure. However, the prognosis for ts can be good, with careful health monitoring and early treatment of problems that can occur. Many women with turner syndrome lead full and active lives and can expect a normal lifespan. Visit www.Turnersyndrome.Org for more info.