Am i on my period or pregnancy spotting? i'm sexually active, im 8 days late & i just started bleeding. i took a at home pregnancy test and it was neg

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Karen Jones answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Likely period: By 8 days late a pregnancy test very likely would be positive if you were pregnant. So good chance that the spotting is the beginning of your period. Sometimes normal variation or stress can cause a period to be late. Are you doing something to prevent pregnancy? If you're not ready for pregnancy do something to prevent.

Answered 12/14/2015

4.5k views

Dr. Timothy Raichle answered

Negative pregnancy: If you are late for your period and the test is negative, then I do not think that you are pregnant. If you are not on birth control, then you need to get on it soon so that this is not a constant worry. The most likely cause of irregular periods is related to irregularity in terms of when you ovulate. This is common in young women such as yourself.

Answered 12/14/2015

4.5k views