is it true that clotting of blood is same as coagulation of blood?

Yes: Clotting = coagulation.

Do eyeballs stay the same size for life?

Dr. Russell Faust
Dr. Russell Faustanswered
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
No: Eyes grow from birth through the teen years.

Should I bank my baby's cord blood?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Yes: That's actually a great idea. Stem cells from cord blood can be used to treat a number of conditions in both the child and other family members, and the number of such uses is growing exponentially.
Dr. Michael Thompson
Hematology and Oncology 20 years experience
I would suggest public banking. 1) cheaper (free), 2) provides utility for a broader group of people than just your child or family.
Jul 24, 2013
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Hematology and Oncology 33 years experience
I agree with both the above comments. Given the increasing use of stem cells I don't believe you can go wrong.
Sep 9, 2013
Dr. Maulik Shah
Dr. Maulik Shah commented
Clinical Genetics 24 years experience
Not necessarily. Cord blood banking is quite expensive and the number of disorders for which the cord blood may be used later is quite small. If you have the financial means then it is a good idea . However, cord blood allografts (from unrelated donors) are becoming more common with good results so always donate but don't fall prey to scare tactics in banking cord blood.
Sep 14, 2013

Ive heard lots of different names for raynauds disease, phenomenon, syndrome are they all the same?

Related & different: When a patient has raynaud's phenomenon (the symptom of vasospasm leading to poor circulation in the fingers and toes), his doctors will look for the common causes such as autoimmune disorders, drug side effects, hormonal imbalances, etc... If no medical condition is found that is causing the symptoms, then the disorder is called "primary". If a condition is found, then the disorder is "secondary".

What are the names of some vaasodilators that acting dircetly on blood vessels?

Dr. Christiaan Maurer
Dr. Christiaan Maureranswered
Many: Cialis, viagra, levitra, (vardenafil) beta blockers (metoprolol), calcium channel blockers (verapamil, amlodipine), bystolic.

Can it be normal to have some lumps of blood in your period?

Dr. Prerana Sangani
Yes: The clumps are normal. Each period is the lining your endometrium that is shedding so sometimes it can be in the form of larger clots or lumps.