so i feel like i have gunk in the back of my throat that won't come out. i'm not sick but it hurts at the end of my swallow if that makes sense?

Dr. Abby Caplin
39 years experience Integrative Medicine
Yes, sense: I'd recommend getting checked out, just in case it's an infection that might need antibiotics. But you could go to the drug store and purchase a neti pot. Use room temperature pre-boiled water and mix with special salt packets. Run water through one nostril and it comes out the other. Doesn't hurt but flushes the thick mucus that may be coming from your sinuses and also making your throat sore.
Answered on Jan 11, 2014
1