could you explain what is music therapy, and what is it used for?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology 35 years experience
Music therapy: Is a type of expressive therapy for people who have trouble talking about their issues. Expressive therapies use music, dance or art therapies as means of learning to express feelings. My version of therapy is called act now psychotherapy which is active, creative and time sensitive. I use the arts in my work as well even though most of my work is verbal talk therapy.
Pathology 44 years experience
Complementary Rx: Like the other complementary therapies, this is labor-intensive and isn't intended to cure, but can make people feel better. It's mostly used for brain problems, from stroke to autism. Given the zeal of its practitioners, the fact the blinded studies are impossible, and the subjectivity of outcomes, not all physicains consider it evidence-based or something that society should pay a lot for.