help docs! my blood pressure is almost always over 190/110?

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Blood pressure: You need to see your doctor for evaluation and treatment, that pressure is too high.

IL

How can I check my blood pressure with out machineine?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
You cannot: You can only measure your blood pressure with a device designed to do so. There are many kinds and are readily available for $30-80. Free ones are in most chain drug stores. If this is a problem, perhaps you could borrow one from a friend. High blood pressure is a silent killer. If concerned, get tested, examined and treated. (50,000,000 untreated in the USA!).
Dubuque, IA

I just read that if your blood pressure is 120/80 is considered prehypertension. I thought 120/80 was optimal. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
No: Listen, that blood pressure is fine. However, it won't stay fine if you smoke, drink too much, eat crap, and don't exercise. Keep it there and you should be fine.

If my blood pressure is normally 95/70 is it bad when it is 88/45?

Dr. Yu Sun
Dr. Yu Sun answered
Cardiology 15 years experience
Maybe: Your blood presuure maybe have problems now, please take a ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and heart exam.
Brooklyn, NY

Is there a problem if the systolic number of a blood pressure is bellow 80 but the dystolic is just normal?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Yes: I am not sure what "normal" diastolic blood pressure to you is. If it is 60 and higher and your diastolic is below 80, that means that your heart manages to pump out less than 20 cc with a stroke. That's a problem. I am afraid that you BP cuff is either not working properly, or you have a significant difference between the arms or indeed you may be having a problem with your heart and/or arteries.

My blood pressure is 135/88. Do I need to take medication ?

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Maybe: If your only problem is that your blood pressure is 135/88, then decreasing your salt intake, loosing some weight, and increasing your exercise should bring it down. If you are diabetic, then you need to go ahead and get started on an ace inhibitor, a type of blood pressure medicine that will also protect your kidneys from damage due to the diabetes.