Help docs! my 5days old baby girl is suffering from jaundice?

Dr. Aimee Barton
25 years experience
Jaundice: Is a relatively benign condition in newborns if treated. Keep the baby well hydrated, supplementing breast feeding if your milk is not in. Is the baby under phototherapy? If so, this will help the baby get rid of the bilirubin molecule. Depending on the cause, you should be nearing the end of this journey. Talk with your baby's doctor for more specific information about your baby. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 38 years experience
M.D. visit: The treatment depends on the extent of the jaundice, level of bilirubin and the rate of increase of the level. Keeping the baby well fed and notifying your pediatrician are suggested. If your infant was premature, the jaundice may be related to prematurity.
Dr. Philip Chang
Should see her doc: If jaundice is a concern, she should be seeing her physician. Typically jaundice peaks at around the 4th day of life so it should be improving. If it is a concern, she should be seen today by her pediatrician to be checked. Most babies should have already jerk checked 1-2 days after discharge from the hospital already.