could you give me an example of holistic healthcare?

Dr. Andrew Lipton
Holistic Medicine 30 years experience
Holistic medicine: Holistic health care is taking into account the whole person, body mind and spirit as opposed to just the physical complaint(allopathic). There are physical mental, and spiritual responses to every health challenge. Main stream physicians can treat holistically and alternative medicine doctors are more know for holistic approach. Although alternative doctors can still treat sympotmatically.
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 33 years experience
Great answer! Also there is a thought process of looking for the root cause and treating that... Not just treating the symptoms.
Dec 8, 2013
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 33 years experience
Oral Pathology: Looking at oral pathology to find the root cause of disease. Take a look at the book "am dead or do I just feel like it". I have a free e-book on my website, 8 holistic dental tips. Please feel free to download it. www.holisticdentistlasvegas.com.
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine 41 years experience
Theory vs. Practice?: In theory, wholistic takes into account that health/disease is beyond body issues. As embodied souls connected to a mind, complex+fragile brain controlling a complex+fragile body with millions of orders/sec, issues of health/disease are integrated at all levels, not just body ; not just reactions to body issues/handicaps/pain. Unfortunately, in my experience, most offered is low quality/simplistic.
Neurology 52 years experience
Realistically, there is no consistent standardization at this point for many alternative approaches, and would be useful if establishment medicine starts to look at this both openly and scientifically.
Apr 11, 2014
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Sadly, I agree that what many clinics offer as "holistic," fails to appreciate the deeper nature of healing. Truly holistic care is comprehensive, including mind, body, emotions, and spirit. It requires shifting from a "this for that" mentality, to valuing and learning how to best stimulate patients' self-restorative processes. Fortunately, many of my conventional colleagues do this very well. :-)
Apr 13, 2014