how to deal with sex drive of younger girlfriend?

Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Viagra (sildenafil) or Cialis and: Enjoy it whilst you can, or quit if you can't keep up.

Since my treatment my sex drive is lower, why does this happen?

Changed hormones?: A drop in testosterone will lower sex drive (in both men and women). Also, much of sex drive is psychological, so any changes in happiness or stress will alter sex drive. Your question was not clear, so please send in another question to healthtap, and include some details, so our medical experts will be able to better answer your concerns. Thanks!

What am I supposed to do with my sex drive if I don't act on it?

Mind over body!: We humans have many urges, but there is a time and a place for everything. That's part of being civilized (unlike the other animals on the planet). So, men and women have to control their urges to have sex if it's the wrong place and time, just like they have to control their anger, their appetites, their voices, their bowels, etc...

Loss of sex drive @ 35wk?

Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Normal: Should retur a few weeks after baby is born, or may take longer. Be patient, but don't deprive partner.

At what age does a person's sex drive start decreasing?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Waning Libido: Hi this is actually a very good and frequent question i get in my practice. I have found that as we age our libidos come and go, and at times there seems to be no sane explanation. But, libido is a higher functioning need, not as important as food or sleep. So, anything getting in the way such as stress, fatigue, depression or a number of other medical conditions can be blamed.

Could my sex drive be null and void because of an antidepresant ?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
YES!!! : Many antidepressant cause low sex drive as a side effect. However, low sex drive can be caused by depression as well. But if the meds have helped your depression & you still have low libido it is worth considering a change in meds. It is quite possible that a changing to a different antidepressant may remedy the situation. Please discuss this with the doctor who prescribes your antidepressants.

Last updated Jul 5, 2012