U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Plano, TX
A 55-year-old male asked:

middle lad & circumflex artery are 100% blocked. blockages, while severe, short in length.both arteries receive collateral. can angioplasty/stent help?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rick Koch
Cardiology 22 years experience
Yes if symptoms: From ischemia are not responsive to medical therapy.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 21-year-old member asked:

With coronary artery disease am I more susceptible for having a stroke?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Cardiology 55 years experience
Yes: The artery disease is not necessarily limited to just your coronary arteries. If you have it in one area, it probably is in other areas. So you are also subject to have strokes, kidney disease, and disease of the arteries in the legs for instance. Also certain complications of the coronary disease or its treatment could make you more at risk for a stroke.
A 21-year-old member asked:

I'm diabetic, am I more likely to develop coronary artery disease?

3 doctor answers15 doctors weighed in
Dr. Charles Jost
Cardiology 36 years experience
Yes: The answer is yes. But by strictly controlling your diabetes, stopping smoking - if you smoke, staying at a very healthy weight, eating properly, exercising (if you have health problems consult your doctor before starting any exercise program) every day, taking any prescribed medications as instructed and having regular check-ups to catch changes quickly you can impact your health tremendously.
A 21-year-old member asked:

Does coronary vascular (artery) disease run in the family?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice 18 years experience
Yes: There is a correlation of close family eg: father mother sibling having heart disease in common genetically.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 29-year-old member asked:

What causes nicks in my fetal artery dopplers, and how can I prevent them?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 26 years experience
Not clear question..: If you are referring to umbilical artery abnormal doppler velocimetry, this is a specialized test for growth restricted fetuses and there is not much you can do about preventing fetal growth restriction. Avoid exercise and follow your perinatologist's instructions to avoid pregnancy complications. Hope this answers your question - if not, please try to specify what you are concerned about.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Jun 3, 2019

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.