What is the best way to get rid of blackheads on my nose with out going to a dermatology ?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Antoanella Calame answered

Specializes in Pathology

A few options: For over the counter methods try using products that have benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, alcohol, and acetone. For prescription treatments you may be prescribed antibiotics, retinoids or vitamin a derivatives, azelaic acid, oral contraceptives, or spironolactone. Always ask a dermatologist about the possible affects and the risks vs benefits of each treatment. Make sure it's best for you.

Answered 4/26/2015

4.8k views

Many options: Salicylic or glycolic acid wash, scrub or lotion daily. Otc microdermabrasion and glycolic acid peels. Biore strips help to give a deep exfoliation--use once a week. See an aesthetician for blackhead extraction.

Answered 1/10/2014

4.7k views

Dr. Glynis Ablon answered

Specializes in Dermatology

Thats a difficult : one. Pore strips temporarily remove the dirt from the pores, but they fill right back up. Retinoids can help by thickening the top layer of skin to shrink pore size but it takes months to years, and typically you need prescription strength ones. Hope that helps

Answered 7/27/2014

3.8k views