Top answers from doctors based on your search:

What is the size of the average finger

Dr. Raymond Wittstadt
35 years experience Hand Surgery

Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
About 6 weeks: About 6 weeks to completely heal.
Dr. Chris Hawley
Knot: I would get it checked out. This could be a lot of things. Some of these need treatment right away, others may resolve on their own.
2
Dr. Mark Einbecker
35 years experience Hand Surgery
Yes: I don't think it will be anyting but without an examine you will not have peace of mind to let it go.
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Could be: dishydrotic eczema steroid creams sometimes help would be good to see a picture
1
Dr. Adeshola Ezeokoli
No: I would not call it on par for the course. You need to get it X rayed ASAP! It could be a fracture.
1
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
34 years experience Hand Surgery
Dr. Raymond Raven
23 years experience Hand Surgery
You can't: You can't, without a high risk of developing pain and or dysfunction.
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
34 years experience Hand Surgery
2
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
34 years experience Hand Surgery
Dr. Megan Jack
20 years experience Plastic Surgery