U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Spider bite near eye

A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology 46 years experience
Yes it can: Try ice packs and over the counter steroid cream. If this worsens, see an eye doc or go the the er.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Olivia Liao
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Infection: Usually deserves medical attention. You would need prescription eyedrops if there is an infection near the eye.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
Not a spider: Unless you took the spider to an expert for identification, assume it is something else. Find a better dr. A spider bite on eyelid will cause a huge r... Read More
A 51-year-old female asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
WHY???: Why do you believe you have a spider bite???? These are rare, and never seen on the face. So you have something else. Better see a dermatologist or a... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
See a dermatologist: You are correct it is not ants or spiders. Maybe it is not bites of any kind. See a skin specialist.
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Thomas Wolf
Ophthalmology 42 years experience
Herpes Zoster?: I have seen many patients present with unilateral eruptions they "thought" were "spider bites" or "poison ivy". I would see your eye doc as this sound... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine 31 years experience
Rash : This rash is characteristic of lymes disease. Treatment antibiotics by mouth.
A 59-year-old female asked:
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Pediatrics 26 years experience
See below: If you we're bitten by a spider and you eye swelled up along with any of these symptoms: facial, lip, tongue, mouth swelling or breathing problems, n... Read More
A 42-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Probably a stye if you can see the bump right at the border of the eyelid when the eyelash is.
A female asked:
Dr. Rola Rimawi
Internal Medicine 21 years experience
See your doctor: It is best to have it looked at by your doctor to make sure it's not infected and needs drainage. You may also need antibiotics if infected. If you po... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Need a photo to dx: Most bacterial infections of the skin like abscesses are tender with touching and will feel warm. Since there is no pain, this may be an insect bite ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership