Top answers from doctors based on your search:
Disclaimer

religion

A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
Circumcision: Judaism and islam are the 2 largest religions that require male circumcision.
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month
A 20-year-old member asked:
Dr. Danny Proffitt
42 years experience Family Medicine
No way to know: The majority of males and females masturbate at some time in thier lives. There is an old saying "99% of men masturbate and the other 1% lie" may ho ... Read More
5
5 thanks
Dr. Ed Friedlander
43 years experience Pathology
99+% men, most women: Some teens suffer terrible guilt; you'll find even conservative sites that celebrate the practice as a gift that lets you live clean till you're marri ... Read More
3
3 thanks
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
We really don't have: A way to know the degree of compliance in not engaging in masturbation when a person' religion prohibits it. What I do know is that when guidance or ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Jewish and Muslim: Also some fundamentalist baptists.
5
5 thanks
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Agree w Dr. Klauber: Judaism - brit milah is the covenant of circumcision which is normally performed by a mohel on a male infant's 8th day of life. Islam – khitam is usua ... Read More
1
1 comment
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
Sometimes it can: Some research shows that religious people who also participate in church have better mental health. http://tinyurl.com/n5qvbq8 they may handle stress ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
I'd not like it: You certainly have cause to change to another Dr. This would be true for whatever makes you feel "wrong". I'm not thinking that you need to report it ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Vaccination/Religion: Two religions that focus on medical treatment include: The Church of Christ, Scientist (Christian Science) & the Watchtower Society (Jehovah's W ... Read More
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Edward Berg
41 years experience Neurosurgery
Faith is good: Mental illness can be a serious condition and one should explore all options.
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Brian Golden
20 years experience Urology
Wrong Forum: Medically, there is nothing wrong with masturbation. It's completely normal. But your question is above my pay grade. Best source for further advic ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Chastity: Although it is largely in vogue to encourage sex (as long as it is safe), there are benefits to chastity and to following ones religious tenets. Givi ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Steven Chen
29 years experience Clinical Psychology
Religion: In my experience, religion is one thing that people seek to give meaning to their life. As a person ages, many will turn to religion as a way of addi ... Read More
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month