U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Purple lump behind ear

A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Christopher Schmidt
Facial Plastic Surgery 19 years experience
Cyst/venule/skin CA: Could be lots of things, have a medical professional look at it.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Steven Simon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
Local infection: This sounds like a local infection. Perhaps a bug bite, skin scratch or such. You may want to have that checked out by your doc for potential lancing ... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ayisha Gani
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Lesion behind ear: The lesion behind the ear could either, hair follicle infection, sebaceous cyst, lymph node enlargement, if does not resolve on its own have it checke... Read More
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Not certain: It sounds like there is a fluid collection in the skin behind the ear. Questions to ask yourself: is this soft? Does it move when you touch it? Is it ... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Sanders
Pulmonology 17 years experience
See below: I would certainly get that checked sooner than later. Could be infectious, could also be a malignancy. Any recent illness? Cat scratch or somethin... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. William Lewis
52 years experience
Cyst/node: This may be a cyst or a lymph node, but best to see your otolaryngologist for an exact diagniosis.
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Lipoma: Lipomas, a fatty tumor are common in this location as well as a few other tumors. Has the lump been present for some time or rapidly developing recen... Read More
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Ear lump: Hello, the bone behing your ear is called your mastoid prominence. There are lymph nodes in this area that may become inflamed and cause pain. I would... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Squishy ear lump: Have your local ENT specialist look at it. If it is growing, painful or connected to any part of you ear or neck, it will likely need to be removed.
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Hopefully: It will resolve without intevention. You may have a swollen lymph node or cyst that may or maynot be infected. If it doesn't resolve - get it checked... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership