Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Is it safe to get a mud bath while pregnant

Dr. Caren Reaves
23 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
7

Dr. Susan Mueller
26 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Wax pregnancy : Yes, go nuts!! You're not going to submerge or increase your core body temp so wax away!!!
1
24 years experience Psychiatry
Recommend against it: It can lead to increased body temperature & dehydration. My bigger concern is free radical release during detoxification with mud.
Dr. Randy Baker
39 years experience Holistic Medicine
Dr. Jerome Litt
70 years experience Dermatology
VAPOR BATHS: I DO NOT THINK SO BUT DO CHECK WITH YOUR OBSTETRICIAN.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: It is safe to take a bath. Remember you balance can be off in pregnancy so take precautions not to slip and fall.
5
Dr. Amy Herold
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: External bath gels are fine in pregnancy, just don't use them as a bubble bath to reduce the risk of yeast infections.
Dr. David Fein
Specializes in Preventive Medicine
1
Dr. Margaret Gourlay
2
2 comments
45 years experience Pediatrics
I don't see a problm: I can't see any evidence that this material would leach into your body & bother baby. I wouldn't drink any unless you want to get the runs.