U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I have a boil on my breast

A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Whiting
Obstetrics and Gynecology 28 years experience
Yes: If the area of redness and swelling is getting bigger, you need to be evaluated. Sometimes antibiotics or incision and drainage is needed. Best wi... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 45-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Boil: If the boil does not resolve, you need to see your doctor for oral antibiotics.
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Get examined: Hopefully, you did not pop this by squeezing it; however, the hole you describe is an abscess cavity and must be examined and possibly treated with an... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Adam Newman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 30 years experience
Talk to surgeon: You need to be checked by the doc that did the drainage. It likely will resolve - after it is emptied, it takes time for the inflammation to easy off.... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Must be drained: Go directly to your local clinic and have the abscess opened and drained.
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Jones
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 23 years experience
Folliculitis…: Is possible. If these are recurrent is possibly caused by staph bacteria and increasingly more common a specific type of staph bacteria called MRSA (m... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Internal Medicine 47 years experience
Boils: I suspect MRSA. Please see your doctor and get appropriate treatment.
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
family medicine 15 years experience
See your doc: Please see your doc; while small boils can sometimes drain on their own, many needed to be drained in the clinic. Also you might need antibiotics to ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 44 years experience
Could be: This could be a cyst or tumor. Please see surgeon for evaluation and to discuss treatment options.
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Normal: It is not uncommon for young women to have their breasts develop unevenly during puberty. You may not have noticed it until you had furuncle under ni... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership