U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

How can I pop my hip back into place

A 40-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 22 years experience
Not likely: It's not likely that it's out of place. Something else must be going on that's making you feel this way. Without other symptoms mentioned it's not cle... Read More
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
Not out of place: The hip is a very stable joint and does not dislocate easily. If you feel like there is something moving in and out of place, you may have a labral te... Read More
Dr. Joel McClurg
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
You can't: When a hip dislocates it is nearly impossible to reduce (put back into place) without anesthesia and a significant amount of force. If the hip is tr... Read More
A 19-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Greenfield
Rheumatology 42 years experience
Could be anything: Low back pain in a 19 year old should be evaluated. It could simply be muscle strain, but could also indicate more serious problem. Popping probably... Read More
Dr. Robert Palumbo
Sports Medicine 36 years experience
Time to see Doctor: There are many possible causes of you pain. It can be primarily from the spine either from a stress fracture in a vertebrae or a problem in a disc. Bo... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Rhoades
Family Medicine 49 years experience
Many possibilities: The list of possibilities is long. Your best course of action is to see your DR, get an exam, and other testing if necessary. Then you will get a co... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Chintan Sampat
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 19 years experience
Depends: It sounds like this may be a hip problem. It depends on your age and other symptoms. Torn cartilage in your hips can result in similar symptoms. You s... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Rest & pain killers: however if that doesn't work in a day or so, you need to be seen, you didn't mention the extent of the trauma you sustained, good luck
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice 54 years experience
Loose ligaments: Twenties female who experiences popping sensation with hip flexion experiences subluxation of sacroiliac joint (SIJ). This might be common in someone ... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Peralta orozco
Dr. David Peralta orozcoanswered
Specializes in Medicina Familiar
Cólico biliar: It would be good if you will get studies, a biliary echocardiogram can reveal new data
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
A SPINE Doctor: One of your local hospitals may have a Spine Unit/Spine specialist. If not see an Orthopedist who sees a lot of Spine (back) patiebts or a Physiatrist... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine 24 years experience
No worry if no pain: I typically don't worry about painless popping and cracking of joints, even if asymmetric. Painful popping does need a physician evaluation.
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 30 years experience
Too many choices: Too many choices to tell you a cause. A thorough history and exam would go a long way to answering that question. One detail can change everything. So... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership