U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Does masterbating affect your brain

A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 53 years experience
No: No, it does not kill brain cells. However, like any sexual release it can release endorphines which will causesatisfaction in it and even make it a co... Read More
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Myth: In many cultures you will find a variety of myths that espose a list of horrible events that will affect anyone who masterbates.This is more an attemp... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Masturbation: I am unaware of any studies that masturbation causes any degenerative changes on the brain.
A member asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
No: There are many myths out there spread within cultures where this is frowned on or taboo. Self sex is a natural part of sexual awakening that tends to ... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
No relationship: Masturbation does NOT cause strokes. But there are indeed many reasons for strokes to occur, and you not only need to uncover cause, but also be prev... Read More
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
False.: However, too much of anything is draining and exhausting to the mind, body and soul. What's toxic to the brain would be illicit drugs, alcohol, smokin... Read More
A 19-year-old male asked:
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
No imbalance: It's your brain which tells you to masturbate. It should also tell you not 2B too rough with yourself.
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
No harm: Virtually all 17 year old boys masturbate and most probably do so more often than you. It helps to relieve stress and tension and there is good eviden... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Scott Hacking
Family Medicine 19 years experience
Ear problem: I would have an ENT doctor examine your ears looking for wax or fluid and pressure build up in the middle ear space. The ENT can probably recommend ot... Read More
A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Get seen.: First, make sure that nothing physical is going on, like a hormonal imbalance. If an exam and appropriate testing by your doc is all normal, then the... Read More
A 19-year-old male asked:
Dr. Marvin Den
Internal Medicine 46 years experience
Not aware: Am not aware of any. You might be happier however if you could find a partner.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership