U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can boating cause vertigo

A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Eitner
Family Medicine 35 years experience
"Sea Legs": Most likely, your body got adjusted to the constant rocking and movement of the boat, so once you stood on solid ground, your brain was now intrepreti... Read More
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Motion sickness: Dramamine, (dimenhydrinate) meclizine, valium, ginger root, and specific seasickness wrist bands may all help. Of interest, many patients who suffer ... Read More
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Psychiatry 50 years experience
Headache : Is very common and can have multiple reasons , if if so bad than it is worth it to see your PCP for evaluation and work up.
A 59-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dennis Clifford
A Verified Doctoranswered
44 years experience
Probably not: With his sensitivity to vertigo and prior motion sickness it's a good bet he'll have the same symptoms again and not enjoy the trip. Medications can h... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 33 years experience
Vertigo: Sensation of spinning while stationary, associated with nausea or vomiting, unsteadiness, difficulty walking, blurred vision. Refer to my answer on VE... Read More
A 43-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
CBT: Consider Cognitive Behavioral therapy, Behavioral Therapy, psychotherapy, Exposure therapy or hypnosis to deal with your fears.
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Marius Frasie
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
SHOULD: If this is new for you see a doctor get some testing, physical exam.
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Edwin Gray
General Practice 55 years experience
Get an evaluation.: Dizziness can be positional in such a case, and it is treatable. However vertigo has many causes that need further examination to recommend treatment... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
YES: You may have been dehydrated or developed inner ear dysfunction. Go to your PCP or local urgent care clinic for further testing.
A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. Daniel Owens
Family Medicine 18 years experience
See PCP: There are many causes of vertigo. Most of the time this is due to viral infection of the inner ear. However, there are more serious causes and it wo... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership