Top answers from doctors based on your search:

can a spinal tap cause back pain

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
48 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
It is not common: But it is possible, check with your doctor how did the spinal tap.

Dr. Mohammad Homsi
32 years experience Neurology
2
Dr. Michael Bolesta
39 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
2
Dr. Eric Weisman
35 years experience Neurology
Let the doctor know: There are many reasons for there to be pain after a lumbar puncture. Let the doctor know and have them take a look.
Dr. Kenneth Reichert
34 years experience Neurosurgery
Dr. Diane Minich
No: A herniated disc in the lumbar region will not cause pain in the neck.
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
38 years experience Pain Management
Dr. Will Moorehead
51 years experience Orthopedic Spine Surgery
3
Dr. Susan Rhoads
1
Dr. Thomas Dowling
39 years experience Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Dr. Lon Alexander
36 years experience Neurosurgery
2
Dr. Mark Sacher
32 years experience Pain Management
3
Dr. Bojan Pavlovic
19 years experience Anesthesiology
3
Dr. David Rosenfeld
26 years experience Pain Management
3
Dr. James Goodrich
38 years experience Neurosurgery
Herniated disc: In my experience that would be a very unusual finding to see throat pressure and pain associated with a cervical disc herniation.
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
50 years experience Cardiology
Neck pain: Bone spurs and disc protrusions can cause 'pinched nerves'.
1
Dr. Paul Velt
Dr. Paul Velt answered
41 years experience Diagnostic Radiology
1
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
39 years experience Geriatrics
3
Dr. Prem Gupta
47 years experience neurology
Only in low back: Lumbar disc does not cause any neck symptoms. In the low back it can depending on which nerve roots it pinches in the back.
Dr. Allen Seely
30 years experience General Practice
USUALLY a disc: A 'pinched nerve' can be due to a 'bulging disc' or a 'bone spur' or a combination of both.
2
Dr. Gregg Albers
40 years experience Addiction Medicine
3
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
1
Dr. James Goodrich
38 years experience Neurosurgery
Lipoma: Back problems do not cause shortness of breath nor should a lipoma of the spinal cord.
Dr. Vance Harris
2