HealthTap Payment Agreement
BY CLICKING "PAY AND CONTINUE," OR BY OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING HEALTHTAP'S PAID SERVICES ("PAID OFFERINGS"), YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND, AS A CONDITION TO YOUR USE OF THE PAID OFFERINGS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONSTITUTE A BINDING LEGAL CONTRACT.
- You agree to pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. You authorize HealthTap to immediately invoice your payment method on file with HealthTap for all fees and charges due and payable, and you agree that no additional notice or consent is required to do so.
- HealthTap's fees are net of any applicable sales tax if any services or payments for any goods or services are subject to sales tax in any jurisdiction. You will be solely responsible for payment of such sales tax and any related penalties or interest. You will indemnify HealthTap for any liability or expense incurred in connection with such sales taxes (including any use tax and any other tax measured by sales proceeds that HealthTap is permitted to pass to you), and HealthTap may automatically charge and withhold such taxes for services to be delivered within any jurisdictions that it deems is required.
- HealthTap reserves the right to determine pricing for the Services. HealthTap may change the fees for any feature of the Services, including by imposing additional fees or charges, if HealthTap gives you advance notice of changes before they apply. HealthTap, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different pricing to any of our users.
- When you purchase access to HealthTap's Premium Plan, we will charge you an automatically recurring subscription fee and all applicable taxes for each subscription term ("Subscription Fee"). The length of each subscription term will be communicated to you when you purchase a subscription to HealthTap's Premium Plan. You authorize us to charge you the Subscription Fee for each subscription term until cancellation of your subscription or we terminate it. We will charge you the first Subscription Fee on the date when you first purchase a subscription to HealthTap's Premium Plan. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid being automatically billed the Subscription Fee for the next subscription term. You will continue to have access to HealthTap's Premium Plan for the period you have paid for, and there is no refund for cancelling your subscription prior to the end of the subscription term. We will bill all Subscription Fees to the payment method you provide to us during the purchase process (or to a different payment method if you change your payment information). You may cancel your subscription to HealthTap's Premium Plan by accessing your Account page and selecting 'cancel subscription' or by contacting us at: support.healthtap.com.
- HealthTap may work with your insurance provider to cover all or a portion of certain fees for Services, and in some cases HealthTap may receive payment from your insurance provider. However, you are ultimately responsible for all copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, fees for uncovered services, and any unpaid fees incurred by your use of the Services, including in instances where your insurance fails to cover, or denies coverage for, such fees. You agree that HealthTap will have no obligation or responsibility to recover such fees directly from your insurance provider, and HealthTap will not be liable to you or your insurance provider for any dispute regarding your coverage with your insurance provider. Note, insurance providers do not cover Subscription Fees, as defined below, and you agree to pay for Subscription Fees per this Agreement.
- By processing payments through your insurance provider, you authorize HealthTap to process payment transactions initiated by you through our payment service providers using your HealthTap payment method or other payment accounts that you designate. You agree that you are fully responsible for any such transactions. You further authorize HealthTap and our payment service providers to make any debits, withdrawals, charges or transfers from your payment account in the amount you ask for, as well as any surcharges or fees that may apply up to $99. You will be invoiced separately for any amounts in excess of $99 from the initial charge. If HealthTap or our payment service providers need to return funds to you, the funds will be returned to your HealthTap payment method or the same payment account you originally used to make the payment.
HealthTap's Premium Plan
Scheduling, Cancellations and No Shows.
- You may request to schedule an appointment with the Medical Expert of your choosing via the App ("Appointment"). You will receive a notification through the App when the Appointment has been confirmed. You acknowledge that HealthTap's Medical Experts provide services to multiple users, and that your failure to attend or timely cancel an Appointment may prevent that Medical Expert from providing services to another user. You may cancel your Appointment through the App without penalty at least 30 minutes in advance of your Appointment. If you cancel your Appointment within 30 minutes of your Appointment, you will be charged a late fee of $20. In the event you fail to timely cancel an Appointment or do not join the Virtual Visit within 5 minutes following the time your Appointment begins, you will still be charged for the Appointment in full.
- HealthTap's services are non-refundable, non-cancellable, and non-creditable.
- We will not refund any copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, fees for uncovered or denied services, or amounts paid for by your insurance provider.
- Consults may be canceled, without any refund or credit obligation, by the applicable healthcare provider if you, at any time, violate HealthTap's conduct guidelines within a Virtual Consult (including, but not limited to, inappropriate language or behavior).
- If you cancel HealthTap's Premium Plan and your subscription has not expired, you may continue to use HealthTap's Premium plan until the end of your then-current subscription term and your subscription will not be renewed. However, you will not receive a pro-rated refund of any portion of the Subscription Fee.
24/7 Doctor Visits.
- You may use 24/7 Doctor Visits regarding discrete and episodic medical issues. Examples of inappropriate uses of 24/7 Doctor Visits are (but are not limited to): use of 24/7 Doctor Visits to replace or obtain: emergency care; in-person routine physicals and vaccinations (except for vaccines that can be ordered for you to get at a pharmacy); health verifications or disability forms that require an in-person exam; in-person tests or screenings, such as Pap smears, breast exams, prostate exams, and strep throat swabs; lifestyle treatments, such as medication for smoking cessation, losing weight, stopping addiction, and erectile dysfunction; and ongoing care of chronic conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, lupus, and chronic pain (except for medical advice of a limited nature); as well as falsifying your location, doctor-shopping or otherwise repeating consults for the same issue. We reserve the right to review your usage and to suspend or terminate your HealthTap account if we find that you have misused 24/7 Doctor Visits. Our conclusions based on those reviews are final.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time upon 7 days' notice. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, we may require that you accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use the Service. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Except as expressly permitted in this section, this Agreement may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to this Agreement. Disputes arising under this Agreement will be resolved in accordance with the version of this Agreement that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
Term and Termination.