Is journaling online ok if I have a psych history?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Certainly can be
You don't describe what kind of psych history, but many famous writers have had severe psychiatric disorders.
If you are worried about too much self-disclosure online, it might be a good idea to have some you can run your journaling by before posting it. People able to talk about their own problems can be enormously helpful to others who think they are the only ones with issues.

In brief: Certainly can be
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Exceptional response Dr. Elliott.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Online journaling
Journaling itself can be very helpful in a wide variety of situations & issues.
I would suggest making sure the site itself is secure -- password protected, etc. If you mean a site that other people read & respond to each other on , i'd also suggest making sure the group has some ground rules (confidentiality, inclusiveness, generous listening without judgment, etc). Good luck to you.

In brief: Online journaling
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Elliott has given a clear and good answer. I would only add that you must be prepared for feedback that runs the gamut from helpful to intentionally hurtful.

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Steven Seres