Ok to use afrin (oxymetazoline) in 3rd trimester of pregnancy?

NO! Do not use afrin or any other nasal decongestant (claritin-d, allegra-d) throughout pregnancy, as it can cause unsafe spikes in your blood pressure, stroke, placental abruption, or even fetal loss! plain oral antihistamines (not -d), nasal saline spray may be used instead, as may nasal steroids with medical supervision.
Category C. Afrin (oxymetazoline) is fda pregnancy category c. Drugs.Com defines category c as “animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.” thus discuss with your ob/physician to determine if benefits outweigh risks.