How do I deal with depression if I had bouts before?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Depression tx

Go out. Socialize.
Do exercise ( at least walk daily or go to gym). Take antidepressants ( see your pcp or psychiatrist). Talk to a therapist. Expose yourself to the sunlight. Force yourself to do your hobbies. Listen or read about positive thinking. Take care of others. Volunteer.

In brief: Depression tx

Go out. Socialize.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. RADHA SYED
I agree-if you had depression before,its recurrence in response to triggering factors is not uncommon and you may have to resume the same treatments.
Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Depression recurrenc

The rule is that treatment should be for life after the second severe bout or after a third less severe bout of depression (to be brief).
Depression can be genetically inherited and once the gene is activated, it will not stop anymore. Meds help but if cessation triggers a recurrences, meds should not be stopped anymore. Enough trial and errors! meds are safe. Life is precious +++.

In brief: Depression recurrenc

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO