How can I overcome my fear of dying? Im 85

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Fear of dying
Many people fear dying, and yet we all face this eventuality.
You aren't alone. Finding someone to talk with about your fear is important. Family members can be a comfort, but they may be frightened also -- and not so able to help you with this specific fear.Your doctor can be a good place to start, along with possibly your spiritual or religious leader. Psychotherapists may also be able to help.

In brief: Fear of dying
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Monica Williams-Murphy
We naturally fear the unknown; this is a normal human sentiment. However, in cases of a slow progressive approach to death, I agree with Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, who felt that people who were actually dying seem to become prepared from within- that they are "organically" prepared for dying in a way that those who are not dying do not understand. In my book, "It's OK to Die" I have outlined a pathway for making peace with death. 3 Chapters specifically focus on: Dying for the Believer and the Non-Believer, Things That Must Be Said to Make it OK to Die, and how to Leave a Legacy. ( Here is a link to the book: http://www.oktodie.com/book) Like choosing to prepare for facing any unknown, I beleive that we can prepare for death in a way that allows fear to fall away or at a minimum be significantly reduced.