Help me cope with pain of not taking grandma to ER when she was dying. I didn't now. Then emt came and was too late.?

Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: Death not Emergency

When death is expected as the end stage of any disease or even a normal life, it is not an emergency.
The dying should be allowed to die in dignity when any additional measures are considered futile. There is a big difference in extending life and extending death-as a society we sometimes mistake the difference.It sounds to me like you did the right thing and don't need to feel guilty now.

In brief: Death not Emergency

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham