Doctor said I had deviated septum but I don't know if that was just for insurance company, how do I tell?

Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Ask your doctor
A deviated septum is a common cause of nasal blockage and congestion.
It simply means that the bone and cartilage inside your nose are crooked and blocking the breathing space. It normally only needs repair if you are having problems breathing through your nose or if it is causing sinus problems. If you have doubts get a second opinion.

In brief: Ask your doctor
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Deviated septum
A deviated septum is not an uncommon problem. It can lead to nasal obstruction, snoring and even sinus issues.
You only need surgery if you are having symptoms.If there are symptoms like nasal obstruction, snoring or recurrent sinusitis, have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist.

In brief: Deviated septum
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Arnon Rubin