Do you trust weight loss programs on facebook?

Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology

In brief: Do you?

Social media is a new phenomenon, so using it for weight loss has not been studied.
If it's used as a support group, or in similar ways to proven methods, then it could work for the right patient. Really hard to make a blanket statement. Use common sense and remember the quick-fix is usually ineffective or dangerous.

In brief: Do you?

Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin

In brief: Trust any program

If any program that advocates eat more do less and loose weight , you know pretty well that is not true is not going to work.
I do not know face book program, every program will tell you to consume less calories, burn more, and make sure to take minerals, vitamins, and get hydrated ( water ) well.

In brief: Trust any program

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao