Is it okay for me to send my child to daycare with a low fever?

In brief: Fever

Fever is a reason to keep a child out of daycare so that infection is not spread to others.
Low grade fever is not harmful to the child with the fever, it in fact, is a way the body has to help fight infection.

In brief: Fever

Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: OK for child

But not for the other children.
Day care facilities will usually Prohibit children with fever from staying there, and if children develop fevers while there will request that parents take them home. The risk is that the other children present will then be exposed and potentially infected with whatever is causing your child's fever. Keep them home.

In brief: OK for child

But not for the other children.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff