Facial swelling post root canal antibiotics work?

Recommended. If you have swelling or bacterial drainage associated with your tooth, an antibiotic may be prescribed. If you develop any swelling after treatment call your dentist for post-op appointment.
Antibiotics RCT. Antibiotics can help if you experience a flare up following a root canal. If you have extreme swelling, contact your dentist and see if they want your to come in for evaluation or will prescribed you meds over the phone. It is up to them.
Yes. Anibiotics probably should be given or such a swelling. The bigger question should be why are you swollen. This could be a sign of an underlying problem, as this is not a normal or favorable occurence. The antibiotics will not "fix" a deficiency in the root canal, but may be effective in getting the swelling temorarily under control. You should watch this closely. Perhaps get another opinion.