Can teething cause flu symptoms in baby?

No, not flu symptoms. Some babies have no symptoms at all. Most will have excess saliva, want to chew on things and perhaps be a little cranky. A few may develop low grade fever and/or mild diarrhea. If more severe symptoms develop the baby should be evaluated by their pediatrician as they may have a cold or illness in addition to teething.
Sometimes. Teething may cause irritability, and occasional low grade temperature. It should not produce nasal drainage, cough, or prolonged elevation of temperature.
Maybe mild flu-like. Teething is blamed much too often for many discomforts of infancy. Nonetheless, cutting teeth through the gums for some babies can be most uncomfortable--triggering fussinness, excessive drooling, refusal to nurse, and even low grade fever. But many other more serious illnesses--especially ear infections or pharyngitis--may mimic the same symptoms. It is best to have your pediatrician evaluate.