I have been taking colace (docusate sodium) and fiber for 2 days and nothing. Also, it feels like something is trying to rip my anus apart when i try to poop. Help!

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Above + below

Colace (docusate sodium) and fiber both take 1-3 days to see movement, but must also work against the concrete down further (source of pain).
You need to try either glycerin suppositories or fleets enema from below to help with passage of the 'boulder' down there, then once moving, maintain a high-er fiber diet to reduce chance of recurrence. Good luck!

In brief: Above + below

Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine