Can migraine be misidagnosed as motion sickness?

Yes. Migraines can have some of the symptoms of motion sickness including nasea and headache complaints and can be triggered by motion type events. Nevertheless, a trained professional should be able to seperate the two. Regardless, avoiding the offending event or taking over the counter medications as appropriate prior to the event should be helpful.
Not likely. While both may have nausea and vomiting there is otherwise little similarity. Headache is the primary complaint in migraine and has nothing to do with motion sickness.