Can just anyone answer my questions about my plantar fasciitis or do I need podiatrist?

Many can aswer. Podiatrist have a great amount of experience on the topic.
See a physician. You want to make sure that you are getting answers to your questions but that you have been properly diagnosed with the right condition. There are many things that present as heel pain and a foot specialist (ie podiatrist or foot/ankle ortho) can help.
Not anyone. Assuming you do have plantar fasciitis, there is some good information on the web - you can check the websites for the american academy of orthopaedic surgeons or american orthopaedic foot & ankle society. If the pain doesn't go away, you can see an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon or a podiatrist. Be wary of anyone who doesn't recommend a stretching program as part of the treatment regimen.
Specialist is best. Primary care physicians often know a lot about plantar fasciitis, but to get all the tips and most aggressive treatment, you'll want to see a specialist. Podiatrists deal specifically with the foot and ankle, and can set up treatment regimens combining medications, injections, orthotics, shoe recommendations, and stretching exercises.
Plantar fasciitis. You can read a lot about it and do the exercises, lots of good sites such as the aofas. Org or the medscape etc, your primary doctor is a good place to start.