I am taking Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) for acne and have gained 6 lbs in 2 months. Are there bcps I can take that will help control the acne w/out weight gain?

All OCP's. Help acne. They do so becuase, when metoabolized they increase a protein that binds to testosterone. As well they decrease endogenous testosterone from the ovary itself. Drospirinone, the progesterone in Yaz, (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) is hypothesized to do it better because of the type of Progesterone but that contribution is minimal. The weight gain, scientifically speaking, is not related to the weight gain. Good luc.
Appetitie increased. Weight gain is a function of eating more than can be metabolized. Oral progestational agents often give a feeling of well-being; hence the appetite is increased.