My 2 yo was laying in bed drinking from a sippy cup watching tv. He coughed and almost spit up but swallowed it. Could this cause aspiration pneumonia?

Upright > 30 angle. This could lead to aspiration pneumonia or inflammation of the airway. Drinking while supine increases the chance for an ear infection also. I would suggest having him sit up while drinking. If he shows any signs of respiratory problems or fever, a follow up visit should be done.
Aspiration pneumonia. If he aspirated a goodly amount he could conceiveably develop aspiration pnemonia.