I had tommyjohn surgery on elbow 8yrs ago. If i throw punch during boxing it hurts as bad as when i got the injured briefly.Am i breaking scar tissue?

Dr. David Brouwer

In brief: Re-evaluation

If you feel pain at the same area as your prior injury, it should be re-examined by the orthopedist.
Tommy john surgery is a complex repair of the ligament and pain should be taken as a sign of a potential re-injury. I would not assume it is scar tissue.

In brief: Re-evaluation

Dr. David Brouwer
Dr. David Brouwer

In brief: May be reinjuried

Ulnar collateral ligament injury repair named after famous base ball player was done on you 8 yrs ago, most likely you re-injured, or graft snapped off , see your orthopedic surgeon , for investigation , even possible repair if physical therapy fails

In brief: May be reinjuried

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Or needs a repeat

Continued use will take it's toll on the reconstruction as it did on ur normal ligament, & needs re-evaluation & possible re-do of the surgery.

In brief: Or needs a repeat

Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine