I am 22 years of age I have undescended testicle above my penis on the left ...Will orchiopexy surgery clears it .I doubt both are not same size ?

Dr. Syed Tahir
Surgery

In brief: Consult Urologist

Undescended testis have high chances of testicular cancer so consult a urologist.

In brief: Consult Urologist

Dr. Syed Tahir
Dr. Syed Tahir

In brief: NO at your age

Orchiopexy is helpful in young children only , how ever if it is at upper scrotum , same size as other testicle could be saved , other wise removal is advised as it has slightly higher incidence of malignancy , speak to your doctor.

In brief: NO at your age

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao

In brief: Hard to say

Surgery may or may not be able to bring the testis down if its blood supply will not allow the extra distance.
If it does, it will be available for self exam all men should do.It may not be the same size but still supply good swimmers.You may need to consider removal of the undescended one with placement of an inert implant.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery