I have weakness in my arm , I have impingment & a partial tear in my shoulder which one would cause this ? Having a shoulder op in a couple of weeks .

Dr. Roger Palutsis
Sports Medicine

In brief: Both

Knowing the diagnosis of a rotator cuff tear, that is the source for your weakness.
The impingement causes pain, which in itself, will manifest itself as weakness because of the pain. The good news is that your surgery should correct both problems. All the best to you in you upcoming surgery.

In brief: Both

Dr. John Michalski
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Shoulder weakness

Both the cuff tear and the impingement can cause weakness to the shoulder and upper arm. Make sure to evaluate for possible cervical pinched nerve as well.

In brief: Shoulder weakness

Dr. Adam Smith