I had mitral valve repair done. Once recovered is it ok to be around smoke cigeratte smoke or hookah smoke, not to smoke it but to just be around it?

So so. In general, you do not need to live in a bubble after mitral valve surgery. Second hand smoke is dangerous for everyone. A routine mitral repair is not an increased risk from second hand smoke. That said, i encourage everyone to avoid second hand smoke. It's smart to not choose to smoke. It's not smart to suck wind of those smoking. You must choose what exposure you want.
Not really. Smoke is bad period. I would avoid it. Second hand smoke is also bad. Period. Cigarette smoking takes an average of 10 years off ones life. It is as bad as we say it is. Mitral valve surgery with normal lungs does not necessarily make ones predisposition to the risks of smoke exposure any worse or better.