Are chronic masturbation a sex addiction?

Dr. Sheila Goodman
In brief: Could be
Any sexual activity could be part of a sexual addiction if the person doing it: can't do without it; has the rest of his/her life affected by it; needs increasing amounts of it in his/her life.
All the questions that are used to assess drug addiction can be used with minor changes to assess sex addiction.

In brief: Could be
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Jacob Tal
In brief: It depends
I think that masturbation is a normal part of one's sexuality.
The sexual urges are different for diferent people.I am not sure that chronic is the right term-probably " excessive" is what the reader was referring to.I think that there is a fine line between normal and excessive. Some degree of self discipline is always a good thing. If the readers suspects a form of sddiction, counseling is due.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Jacob Tal
Dr. Jacob Tal
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Rethink "Addiction"?
Dr Martin Klein suggests we explore the way we think about sex addiction: "The concept of 'sex addiction' really rests upon the assumption that sex is dangerous.
There's the sense that we frail humans are vulnerable to the devil's temptations of pornography, masturbation, 'promiscuity, ' & extramarital affairs, & that if we yield, we become 'addicted.'" more @ http://www.Martyklein.com

In brief: Rethink "Addiction"?
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Peter Kurzweil